2009/02/19

SMS API verdict: 1328.hk

I have been looking for a nice SMS API.

Tried this Clickatel company. Their SMS always sent from the +44 country code, which should be England. Price is too expensive with setup fees. Simplewire also offers SMS API, but I don't think they offer simple GET/POST gateway, but gave you some DLL/.JAR file to integrate with. Nah, too much work.

So turns out there are 2 local Hong Kong companies that offers SMS cheaply without setup fees:
  • 1328.hk - This company's website looks seriously crap but hey, who cares if it works. I debit $200 HKD into their HSBC bank account and got the SMS API working in an hour. Rocks. Funny their company's main support hotline is a cellphone number... are they hiding something....?!
  • AccessYou - This company also offers SMS API. Didn't try. Let me know if you do. (By the way, my boss has been seeing their magazine ads on PCM and E-Zone, pestering me to give them a ring. This company 's magazine ad actually said they offers FAX API. Hey that has to be my dream come true... pass a super big TIFF/PDF with a phone number to their API, and *bang*, fax comes out from Intratubes to your fax machine. Turns out when I called them for a quote, they said they 'no longer' offer this service... good move. Your server would be end-of-story by keep receiving big API payloads... )